It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Missing Timeline in reports

Thomas Bollinger (4651) | asked Oct 12 '09, 9:30 a.m.
Hi,

Im experimenting with RTC and found something strange: When I want to display a report, Im redirected to the screen where to choose Timeline, Teamarea,... But neither of these has choises. I have 2 Projects (Both sampleprojects "Prelude" and "Junit", so they both have Timelines).

Im using 2 machines, one running RTC 2.0.0.1 Standard Edition as Server and another using RTC 2.0.0.1 Express-C as Client. At least on the the Server the reports should work.

What am I doin wrong?

Greetings,
Thomas

12 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Oct 19 '09, 5:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The snapshots run automatically. The default time between runs is 24
hours, and we run them at midnight (server time).

Ah now I see what was the problem. As my PC is switched off when Im not at work, the server couldnt make his snapshots at midnight.

Did I understand that correctly, that the data warehouse/mart hadnt any data just because the snapshots did run to a time the server was not running?

Hi

The snapshots run on the server as the information is needs is all on the servrer - so as long as your PC is not the server too - the snapshots should have run.

Let's go back a step. Assuming you have not changed the default settings, a snapshot should run every night. Use the WebUI for all of the following...

You need admin access to change settings here:

https://jazz-server:9443/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced

(change the server:port name to your machine)

then look for the Data Warehouse section and edit the snapshot time. Default is midnight.

You can run a snapshot manually, go to your project, and select Reports. On the left-hand side, you should see an Admin section and select Administer Data Warehouse. You can click on Update All Snapshot Data.

Be a bit careful about this (as James pointed out) - if this was a production server and there was a lot of data - it could take a while to run.

Hope that helps

anthony

permanent link
Thomas Bollinger (4651) | answered Oct 19 '09, 8:56 a.m.
The snapshots run on the server as the information is needs is all on the servrer - so as long as your PC is not the server too - the snapshots should have run.

And in my case, my PC is the server. Now I have it make the Snapshot just after lunch, and it seems to work (at least, I got actual reports today, half an hour after the new Snapshottime).

The simplest things can be the hardest... :-(

But thanks for all the advices, I think I got it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.