It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

complex query in doors next generation

Danny Beerens (801827) | asked Jul 04 '18, 4:47 a.m.
We're running DNG 6.0.5.

I have a number of Tags that I'd like to query on in DOORS Next Generation: (Tag==A) AND (Tag!=B)

However when I start a filter DNG only allows me to select 'Tag' once and returning 'This filter already exists' when I select  'Tag' a second time.
I've also tried creating a filtered View on 'Tag' and then filter this view again, but with the same result 'This filter already exists'.
I'm aware that a filter is not the same as a query, but 'filter' is the only feature that comes close to queries...

The Jazz Reporting Server has the Known Issue that Tags are not included, since 6.0.2 (see: https://jazz.net/library/article/91116#10)

Any idea how to resolve this limitation in DNG?

Comments
Danny Beerens commented Jul 18 '18, 3:38 a.m.

[Bump] Does anybody have an idea?

One answer

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2741041) | answered Jul 20 '18, 8:13 a.m.
Hi Danny,
You're out of luck I think. Multiple enhancement requests have been submitted for various filtering options (Brackets, OR, NOT, etc and multiple conditions on non-enum type attributes).
Probably the closest you can get is "Tag is not all of B" and this will display artifacts which contain Tag A (and any other tags or no tags) and not those with B or B & A or B & any other tag.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.