It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

value set - Dependent enumeration on owned by

kesav d (19117) | asked Jun 28 '18, 10:28 a.m.
edited Jun 28 '18, 10:55 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

hi

if i select Level1 Agent in a drop down  the owned by should display the members mapped to  Leve1 Agent roles .
i could see the vice versa based on UUId value thee can be an dependent values displayed , but i need the vice versa,.

kindly provide the  solution.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 28 '18, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A dependent enumeration does not allow to set a contributor/user. In JavaScript you can not access the users or roles of a project/team area. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/rtc-process-customization-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/

You would at least need Java for this see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/

kesav d selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Jun 28 '18, 11:12 a.m.
Hi Ralph

What I have used is to set up a "Value Set Script" that uses for example the category value to show some users on a contributor type custom attribute.
It will not be against the "role" but you may hardcode(which is difficult to maintain)  the users using their uuid.

I used something like :

if ( category =="category_uuid") {
  result.push("User1_UUID");
  result.push("User2_UUID");}

Maybe that should work for Kesav.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '18, 11:25 a.m.

Hi Cesar,

you can hardcode the user UUID's into a value set, or a configuration, that is true.
 The question was different, but this is a valid suggestion. Requires you to understand how to get the UUID etc.

But you can not access the user records or the roles in JavaScript. You need Java for that. The question asked for roles. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/a-custom-condition-to-make-attributes-required-or-read-only-by-role-version-2/ shows the Java API by the way.

kesav d commented Jun 28 '18, 12:49 p.m. | edited Jun 28 '18, 12:49 p.m.

Thanks ralph.. One question.. To have extension should we need jazz admin access. In our organization they won't give jazz admin access.

I have rtc client in my system and  doing Java script customisation through that , is it possible for me to add extension or participant from my eclipse client setup.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '18, 2:21 p.m. | edited Jun 28 '18, 2:39 p.m.
Unfortunately you need
  1. An admin that has Admin access to the CCM server to deploy the provider for it being available in the Web UI (Nothing to do with Jazz Admin)
  2. To deploy the extension in the eclipse clients to make it available to the Eclipse users
The first one is the bigger issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.