It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to authroize https://hostname.com/qm/oauth-authorize?oauth_token=werertrtrr by the rest api consumer without a browser

Arun k (111) | asked Feb 03 '22, 4:43 a.m.
Hello Team,
For my Application development, I am enabling the communication with RQM(/QM) using consumer key and Secret with OAuth1.0,
To achieve it i am following below steps
1.  Getting request token oauth-request-token
2.  Authroize it  oauth-authroize via browser
3. Getting access token via request token and token secret via oauth-access-token
4. With that access token i can successfully enable the communication via Rest Api and able to fetch data

My problem:
For the Second step, I can able to authroize only via browser, is there any way i can do the authroize via postman or
via my application for OAuth 1.0

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 03 '22, 5:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 03 '22, 5:46 a.m.

I know we looked some of my colleagues and I looked into some of the scenarios last year and we struggled. I believe there was a way how to automate the browser step, but I do not have code. A bunch of colleagues documented some scenarios, here the links I was able to find:

I hope the first link is what you need. 

Comments
Arun k commented Feb 03 '22, 11:15 p.m. | edited Feb 03 '22, 11:16 p.m.
Yes first link was the one which we had followed, but looking for alternative solution for browser step automation, is there is any option to allow my application origin in the RQM
to avoid CORS error,  atleast for the rest api call(oauth_authroize)

Like "Allow access origin" : hostnamemylink:8080

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.