It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG Create 'references term' links to existing glossary terms

Sean F (1.3k243150) | asked Jun 24 '18, 5:56 p.m.
Seems like this should be easy but I cannot find the answer in the Help or online search.

I can easily create a new glossary term by selecting a word in an artifact and right-click 'create term'

This creates a new term artifact with the correct title and lets me give the term a definition.

And a 'references term' link is automatically created from the word  inside the original artifact to the new term artifact.

Now if I have a second artifact which already also contains that word how do I create a similar 'references term' link from that second instance of the word to the new already created 'term definition' artifact?

I can edit the artifact and select the word and right-click 'add link' but 'references term' is not one of the available link types even though this link type is already being used to reference the term from the first artifact.

Also is there any way for words that have matching 'term definitions' to automatically show that they have a glossary definition? I know you can select the word and right-click 'look up term' but you have to know that the term exists in order to do this.

One answer

permanent link
Mitch G (2710) | answered Sep 21 '20, 12:22 a.m.
edited Sep 21 '20, 12:23 a.m.

I'd sure love it if someone has found a solution to this?? If you're still active in DOORs NG I'm curious to find out how you might have solved this issue rather than just hiring a few interns to do some tedious data entry....

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.