It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attribute for RTC with multiple values

Baskar Gurusamy (3176) | asked Oct 10 '09, 10:59 a.m.
Team,

How to create custom attribute which stores multiple value.

For example, i have requirement to know which are the different elements used in a RTC task workitem.
for that i will create a custom attribute with enumeration( list of values).
I want to get more than one selected as value and store the mutiple value in rtc & need to reported in workitem query with comma separated.

possible?
any other way to address this in rtc?

6 answers

permanent link
Neil Plantan (1082215) | answered Oct 10 '09, 5:29 p.m.
Team,

For example, i have requirement to know which are the different elements used in a RTC task workitem.
I want to get more than one selected as value and store the mutiple value in rtc & need to reported in workitem query with comma separated.

possible?

You need to add the enumeration then create a new attribute and set it to string. When you add the presentation select the attribute and set Kind to Multi-Select List. In the properties add the key "enumeration" and set the value to the enumeration ID you originally set up

permanent link
Baskar Gurusamy (3176) | answered Oct 12 '09, 5:11 p.m.
Thanks for your updates..

I was able to create multiple select attribute. When i selected multiple value, try to create a workitem query. But the value comes like this..

ReuseAssetLlist is the enumeration.

ReUseAssetList.literal.l1,ReUseAssetList.literal.l2

Please help me...

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Oct 14 '09, 2:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
Unfortunately the current approach on the presentation layer is not very usable for queries. This limitation is tracked in work item 87154: Improve Multi-Select list attributes https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/87154.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Praveen Nind (2111) | answered Aug 18 '10, 6:53 a.m.
Thanks nplantan.. It works for me.

Team,

possible?

You need to add the enumeration then create a new attribute and set it to string. When you add the presentation select the attribute and set Kind to Multi-Select List. In the properties add the key "enumeration" and set the value to the enumeration ID you originally set up

permanent link
Laura Hammond (611) | answered Mar 29 '11, 5:10 p.m.
Has there been any progress on the ability to use enumerations in a multi select list? I've done the work around but the querying aspect is not going to work for us.

permanent link
Bjorn Baker (106) | answered Mar 30 '11, 5:27 a.m.
How could we seen the progress on the multi select list?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.