It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking between project areas RTC and RQM. Only for Defects?

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | asked Apr 29 '13, 12:02 p.m.
 Hi all,

In the new environment RTC& RQM 4.0.2, I just wonder if it's possible to link a Test Case and a custom work item. 
Once I associate both Project Areas (and also perform RQM Change Management Integration steps), from the Test Case I'm perfectly able to access RTC work items, but only the OOTB Defect is listed and not the rest of custom work item I actually created for the integration...

Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance

Comments
Lisa Caten commented Apr 29 '13, 12:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Where did you create the custom work item? Was it in the project administration for Rational Team Concert of the project administration for Rational Quality Manager?

Lisa Caten commented Apr 29 '13, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Where did you create the custom work item? Was it in the Rational Team Concert project administration or the Rational Quality Manager project administration?

3 answers

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Apr 29 '13, 3:40 p.m.
Lisa, thanks very much for your response.

The custom work items were created in a Rational Team Concert project area.

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Apr 30 '13, 9:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't see your custom workitem in the dropdown list for "Type" once the defect form comes up in RQM?

permanent link
Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | answered Apr 30 '13, 11:18 a.m.
 Hi, I was finally able to access RQM Test Cases from RTC.
From RQM Project Area --> Associations, I added Change and Configuration Management application --> association Uses Defects. From RTC Project Area I could see the association.

Thus, I created a custom RTC work item. Then I moved to RQM Project Area, create a Test Case, and from Development Items, I tried to add an item, and suddendly apart from the Defect, the custom work item was showed in the available list!! In that moment, I was able to access from RTC work item to the RQM Test Case

Thanks all.

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.