It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RTC, what types of plan attributes are editable withing the plan columns?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Feb 01 '18, 8:38 a.m.
edited Feb 01 '18, 8:40 a.m.

In RTC, when I add columns to a plan view when the display type is "Tree", sometimes I can edit them right inside the columns and sometimes I can't. 

1.  What type of attributes are editable within in a column?
2.  Is there are way to add custom fields that are editable in a plan's columns?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 01 '18, 9:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 01 '18, 9:17 a.m.

Kim,

as far as I can tell, which attribute types are editable it is not necessarily related to the display type. It depends if there is a special editor presentation for plan views for the attribute type that allows editing and not only display. I am not aware of a complete list of types, but my experience is that the following are editable

1. Some built in attributes such as summary and enumeration based built in attributes.
  2. Enumeration type attributes seem to be editable in general if I remember correctly
Types that I think don't work

1. List types, also enumeration list
  2. Text and HTML types except the ones with special support

Keep in mind that the plan view is supposed to provide you with some compressed view of the most important attributes of work items and is not designed to provide you with the greatest edit experience and there actually is an in plan editor that you can use that supports more attribute types as far as I can tell.

You can only add supported attributes/attribute types to the view. Some will not show up and are apparently not supported and you can not change that either.

It is not possible to make attributes editable using some customization the attribute is either editable or it is not and you can't change that (you can create an enhancement request).

Kim Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kim Williams commented Feb 01 '18, 9:13 a.m.

Thanks, Ralph, for the quick response on this.  I appreciate it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.