It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder not showing new artifact type or new Link Type

Daniel Carnovale (116) | asked Jun 07 '18, 5:26 a.m.

I have created a new artifact and link. It works within the project area. Although, in Report Builder, the new artifact and link type are not shown as on option when choosing data. Is there a delay until it appears?

3 answers

permanent link
Petru Acsinte (1311) | answered Aug 08 '18, 7:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Report Builder refreshes the metadata once every 12 hours (if I recall correctly). This means that if you create a type now, it will not be available until the next scheduled metadata refresh unless a metadata refresh is triggered manually from the Report Builder interface (click on the datasource and choose Refresh).
Please note that some metadata refresh might take considerable time on large LQE repositories.
Best approach:
- go to Report Builder
- explicitly log out (closing the browser is not enough)
- log back in as a Report Builder admin
- trigger the metadata refresh

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Jun 07 '18, 5:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Daniel,

You did not specify if you are using Data Warehouse or LQE. I feel you are probably using DW. Yes, there is a delay. If you use Data Warehouse, default is 12 hours. This can vary based on your installation configuration and you should consult with your administrator.

permanent link
sreenath v (78680) | answered Aug 08 '18, 12:45 a.m.
For me also same issue came. I am using LQE. I run the LQE jobs also,still it is not coming

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.