It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

#RPE #DNG How can I add attributes from a DNG module to the data source schema in RPE?

Emely Pi (1529) | asked May 09 '18, 8:41 a.m.

Hi,

I have custom attributes (like addtional information, comments, etc.) in a DNG module. I want to add these attributes to a table in RPE. How can I add these attributes to the data source schema in RPE so that I can access and use them in the template?

Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered May 09 '18, 12:46 p.m.
edited May 15 '18, 1:07 p.m.

You need not modify the schema as it already includes the custom attributes (dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute), which you can use in RPE template.
You can add a condition (name == "additional information") or data filter on dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/name and print dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/value

Comments
Emely Pi commented May 10 '18, 3:12 p.m.

Could you give me an example?

I have a custom attribute "additional information" which I'd like to read out. It only consists of text (string). How would I do that? 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 15 '18, 1:11 p.m.

You can refer this simple example template that depicts filter usage as well as using condition on Text element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.