It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we customize sections in RQM - Machine Lab resourse?

Sanitha Pillai (118) | asked Apr 24 '18, 5:30 a.m.

Hi,
Can we customize sections in RQM - Machine Lab resource?

I am trying 2 scenarios:-

1) Added custom attributes in Machine type but all are seen only in General Information Section. Can we add attributes to other sections?

2) I wanted to Hide Operating System section. Removed it from attribute list of Machine , but it is still seen on the UI. Is there a way to hide Sections?

One answer

permanent link
abhishek gour (3812) | answered Apr 25 '18, 6:36 a.m.

1). Adding Custom Attributes only appear in General Information Section as of now. Other sections templates are sort of fixed and can not be changed as of now. If you need those customizable, please request an enhancement for that. 

2). How did you remove Operating System Section from Machine Attribute List? I think there is no hide action available on the root attributes ( for example you can not hide - CPU, Installed Software, Operating Systems, Machine etc type of attributes ) from "Manage Project Properties" -> "Lab resource and Channel Properties". 
As mentioned earlier - these sections can not be hidden as of now. 

I think you might have been referring to the "operating System" column available on "Lab Resource" table view. hiding that column would only remove that from Lab resource table, not from the Browse Machine Page.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.