It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete a work item?

Roman Smirak (3164933) | asked Jan 08 '08, 12:28 p.m.
Hi,

Can I delete experimental work items from a repository?

Thanks,

Roman

7 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Jan 09 '08, 5:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can I delete experimental work items from a repository?

Work items cannot be deleted (by design -- the audit trail must be
preserved), but you can resolve them as 'invalid'.

-- Patrick

permanent link
Laura Sutcliffe (561310) | answered Jul 21 '08, 5:59 p.m.
I am using the SCRUM deploy template and there is no RESOLVE "INVALID" option. There seems to be a "DONE" instead of a RESOLVE, but there is no "DONE" suboptions

My preference would be to just delete this task but it appears to not be an option. What is the best way to remove this entry so it does not appear in common reports.

permanent link
Justin Wang (1511615) | answered Jul 21 '08, 10:22 p.m.
Echo! Agreed to add the function to remove the invalid work items fromthe repository.

I am using the SCRUM deploy template and there is no RESOLVE "INVALID" option. There seems to be a "DONE" instead of a RESOLVE, but there is no "DONE" suboptions

My preference would be to just delete this task but it appears to not be an option. What is the best way to remove this entry so it does not appear in common reports.

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Jul 22 '08, 5:34 a.m.
I've opened https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/59172 and https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/59173 . As a workaround you could change the Story to a Task and save. The task can then be resolved as invalid.

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Justin Wang (1511615) | answered Jul 22 '08, 10:15 a.m.
to extend this topic a bit more... can the system support deleting other items like project area, team area and user to free up spaces?

permanent link
Laura Sutcliffe (561310) | answered Jul 22 '08, 12:13 p.m.
Thanks that worked perfect.

permanent link
Christof Marti (681) | answered Jul 23 '08, 4:43 a.m.
No, currently not, there's a technical challenge in supporting this because it will leave dangling references from other items to the deleted ones.

Christof
Jazz Work Item team

Justin_wzy wrote:
to extend this topic a bit more... can the system support deleting
other items like project area, team area and user to free up spaces?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.