It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Foundation REST contributor/license question

Martin Madzio (967) | asked Mar 22 '18, 3:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Mar 30 '18, 3:46 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello!

We use the API com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IContributorRestService/contributor to create a new contributor (i.e. body contains newContributor=true and other information about the contributor).  Are the default access licenses ( https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_6.0.0/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/tmanagedefaultlicense.html ) applied to the new contributor?
If not, is there anyway to apply the default licenses programmatically for a new contributor or do they have to be manually specified with a subsequent call to com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ILicenseAdminRestService/assignLicense?

Background:
To avoid interruptions in service/delay, we use a service that propagates new accounts to jazz servers before a daily scheduled sync is done with an external user service. We do this by creating a contributor and then assigning it licenses using the APIs above. Since it does not seem like the default client access licenses are applied to the newly created contributor, I was wondering if there was a way to apply the default access control licenses specified in the JTS without having to specify them manually using assignLicense.

Thanks!

Comments
Martin Madzio commented Jun 23 '20, 4:50 p.m. | edited Jun 23 '20, 5:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please ignore this comment.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 27 '18, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can not answer your question, but I can tell you it would be possible to automate creating users and assigning licenses. Since it is possible to assign licenses in automation it would be possible to control which one to apply.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.