It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Web browsers and Rational Functional Tester

Jason Olson (111) | asked Mar 08 '18, 3:18 p.m.
closed Mar 09 '18, 2:38 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)

So I've been working with IBM's Rational Functional Tester for the last few days and have it testing a terminal application just fine. The problem is if I try to test a web application I cannot get a single browser to record a test. I've tried Chrome Firefox & GASP Edge. In Edge the documentation says it can't even record. Most of what we work on is done in Chrome, so that's what I want to record and playback tests in. The browser extension is installed and it says it's working. When you try to record the recorder will throw up a message that says that there was an error. More detail would be nice but it does not give any. So does anyone out there have RFT recording and playing back scripts in Chrome?

Jason

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Question is off-topic or not relevant" by rschoon Mar 09 '18, 2:38 a.m.

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 08 '18, 6:54 p.m.

Hi, Jason

RFT is not a part of jazz products hence it is not handled in this community. You would want to try RFT specific forum
in developerWorks(which is active):
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000322

I guess how your web application was developed is also crucial in your case. Maybe .net or java etc play a big role in your situation and I am sure RFT forum would help you move forward.