It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problems in automating the zHMC controls in the RFT ???????????

vishal shukla (122) | asked Apr 18 '13, 11:41 a.m.
retagged Apr 18 '13, 11:46 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
 Hello,
        recently i am working on this problem to automate the zHMC controls in RFT on the classic style view..
as it needs the double click operations to open any specific control , it is not finding the icons on the HMC console
even if i am capturing those objects and writing my own java code( using find method) to be automatically clicked and automate those controls...........
                   I am in a puzzle to how to refactor this whole process of zHMC automation.
          does anyone have a solution for this problem...........

thanks 

2 answers

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Apr 18 '13, 11:53 a.m.
Hi - You should try to post the question to RFT forum directly at https://jazz.net/forum/tags/rational-functional-tester.  Other option that you could try is to use RFT Proxy SDK to create your own custom controls. The Proxy SDK help documentation is packaged with RFT. You can also check with our Business Partner, APPPOINT if you still need further assistance.

permanent link
vishal shukla (122) | answered Apr 19 '13, 3:06 a.m.
Hi,
      I have gone through the link that you have provided https://jazz.net/forum/tags/rational-functional-tester its not
in use anymore...
At the same time i have tried the approach to use RFT proxy SDK but no plugins were to be found when i was adding the variables into the customized function  for my HTML recorded script in RFT v_8.2.0. 
                    Still i am not able to automate the image icon controls of the HMC..You have a better link from where i can get the package for plugins..Please Help

thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.