It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is RPE not recognizing my Doors attribute

Agnes Bousquier (1112) | asked Mar 01 '18, 4:57 a.m.

Hello,

I recently added a new processing on a RPE template depending of the value of a new Doors attribute. 
I used "Edit using Schema Discovery..." to add my new attribute to my template. 
But when I launch an export of my Doors module, I get an error from RPE telling that my attribute was not found ("<data attribute not found>").
I do not understand where the problem is... Can you help me please?

I am using RPE 2.1.2 and Doors 9.6

8 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 01 '18, 6:38 a.m.

Can you provide sample .dma file so that we can check why the new DOORS attribute is not being printed?

permanent link
Agnes Bousquier (1112) | answered Mar 01 '18, 8:32 a.m.

Hello Subramanya,

Here is a sample dma : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y368lIGpFzXiHcwJD8A74yvT7niX4Zos/view?usp=sharing. The attribute I want to use in RPE is "Release".

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 03 '18, 1:37 p.m.

I was able to print "Release" attribute (module/object/Release). Please find the test template used. You need not select all attributes in schema discovery wizard.

permanent link
Agnes Bousquier (1112) | answered Mar 06 '18, 10:27 a.m.
edited Mar 06 '18, 10:27 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

Seems like the problem is with my RPE template, as with yours I succeeded to print "Release" too... 
I am using "Release" in conditions, to print requirements relevant only with some releases. I did the same with your template (I copied/pasted the part of my condition dealing with "Release"), and everything went fine. But I still have errors when I try to do the same with my template!!! 
Here is the template I am using: MyTemplate. Can you help me find what is going wrong with it please?

Thanks in advance

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 06 '18, 11:44 a.m.

I see that you haven't selected "Release" attribute while editing DOORS schema. Please select the attribute in DOORS Schema Discovery Wizard (Edit Using Schema Discovery...")

permanent link
Agnes Bousquier (1112) | answered Mar 08 '18, 4:20 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,

I tried to run Doors schema discovery wizard again, selecting all the attributes in my module, but it is still not working... I do not understand what is going wrong...

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 08 '18, 4:52 a.m.

That is strange. However, you can do the following:
Open the .dta file I provided and in Outline View, right click on the data source schema (Module Source) and select Export Schema. Save the .xsd file. Open your template, right click on the data source schema (Module Source) and select Replace Schema. Select "Open Local or Remote" and browse to the .xsd file. After replacing data source schema, your template should work.

permanent link
Agnes Bousquier (1112) | answered Mar 08 '18, 9:01 a.m.

I tried the workaround you mentionned. RPE is still not recognizing "Release", although it is in its attributes' list

Comments
Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Mar 08 '18, 11:21 a.m.

I will check this further to see why it is not working. Meanwhile, you can modify test template as per your requirement by adding the conditions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.