It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create RQM report Template using RPE

Rohini Kumar (92853) | asked Feb 23 '18, 1:53 a.m.

Hello,

I am new for RPE with RQM reporting ,My scenario is that I want to create new RQM report template for showing how many test cases are "passed","failed" with attached requirements from DNG but which schema I will add in RPE datasource file for RQM?
Please give a suggestions on above scenario 
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Amruta

2 answers

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Feb 26 '18, 12:58 a.m.

Hi Amruta,

If you are generating Testcase report, then the data source (resource) is testcase.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

You can count the number of testcases by using (internal) variable.

1. Create a variable named as Count (or any) and assign 0 as default value.
2. You need to define the script into an element "Assignments" property that you want to count the testcase.

Simple code would be : Count = parseInt(Count) + 1;

* RPE recognises your variable value as String so you need to explicitly change the type of value as integer.

3. Allocate your variable into "content" property of element you wish to display the value - it will look like <variable Count>

Then you will be able to see the total number of testcases.

Note: It is recommended to ask one question per one post. Then you will get more chance to get answer.

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Feb 27 '18, 2:50 a.m.

Hello Kenji ,

Thanks for response,
I have created report using RPE but how to deploy it in RQM,
I have followed following steps:
Create report resource-> browse RPE report ->create report from report resource,
But after deployment, report wants mandatory parameters in report, please give me suggestions on same ,what parameter i will pass?

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Feb 26 '18, 11:26 a.m.

Hi Amruta, check if JRS is installed in your envrionment.
Such counting can be easily done with Report Builder.

greetings georg.

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Mar 14 '18, 8:50 a.m.

Thanks Georg, But requirement is that create  report using RPE for export purpose

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.