It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create RPE report on DNG Baselines

Rohini Kumar (921057) | asked Dec 11 '17, 5:50 a.m.

Hi Team,

My scenario is that I want modified ,deleted, added artifact count,I am trying to achieve it using RPE,
I have add datasource name as Baselines and create a sample template on Baseline but after deployed it on server ,/I got a error Report Generation Fail, Review the report data source configuration. 
How can I create a report on DNG baselinees for getting count?,
which data source add in RPE for Baselines?

Please suggest me on same

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Dec 11 '17, 8:19 p.m.

Hi Amruta,
Data Source Schema names used in the RPE template needs to match with the ones provided by DNG. See the list of  data sources schemas provided/supported by DNG - https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGReportableRestAPI#Supported_artifact_formats
Please test if the document generation works through RPE. If it works in RPE and fails in DNG, you should just rename the data source "Baseline".

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Dec 11 '17, 11:53 p.m. | edited Dec 12 '17, 12:09 a.m.

Hello Subramanya, I am using DNG version(6.0.2)  I have downloaded Baseline sample template from DNG assets and rename the data source "Baselines" to "Baseline" and deployed template on server but still error is comming,Can you please share me any sample template/downloaded link regarding baseline,.

it will really helpfull for me 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 12 '17, 1:31 a.m.

"Baseline" is not supported artifact format. Can you try renaming it to any supported artifact format (ex. revisions)?

Rohini Kumar commented Dec 12 '17, 4:35 a.m.

yes Subramanya ,I have renamed it as revisions ,but after successful deployment, nothing come in exported report,I am requesting could you please share me any sample template/or links regarding baseline

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 12 '17, 5:12 a.m.

You cannot get the count of added/deleted/modified artifacts through RPE. Instead, you can generate 2 documents and then compare the outputs (through Word).
You can refer to this sample template, where you can set the baseline ID to "snapshotId" variable. If you provide a valid baseline ID, the document will be created with the baseline’s data. If you leave the snapshotId variable empty, the report will be made on the current version of the module.

Rohini Kumar commented Dec 12 '17, 5:54 a.m.

Thank you Subramanya, it is helpful for me !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.