It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can One Duplicate the Capbility of the "Related Test Case" with Custom Task?

Rob Olsen (3511852) | asked Feb 22 '18, 5:28 p.m.

I have a couple of custom tasks that I created in RTC.  The customer would like to be able to execute a link like "Related Test Case" (see below) and have the pop up enable him to either "Link to existing" or "Create new" of my custom task.  Is there a way to do this?

Comments
Don Yang commented Feb 22 '18, 6:10 p.m.

Do you mean in your custom task, you go to Link tab and want to see the option 'Related Test Case' etc to link to existing or new test case from within your custom task work item?

Rob Olsen commented Feb 22 '18, 7:03 p.m.

No, sorry, let me be a little clearer.

I want to be able to select something "like" Related Test Case" except I want to be able to select my own link where the options are "Link to existing" or "Create new".  As an example, I have created two custom tasks.  You create "Parent" task.  In parent task you use the link capability and in that link drop down is an option to (example) "Link to Child Task" ... where the child task is my other customer work item.  In the window that pops up, it allows me to either "Link to existing" child or "Create new" child.  I know there exists the "Related to Parent" and "Related to Child "  links, but those require you to individual select the Work Item and create the work item and then link the child and parents together later.  This will work, but the customer was thinking it would be nice if we could adopt something the way "Relatd Test case" works.

Thanks for the response.

Don Yang commented Feb 22 '18, 11:22 p.m.

It seems you want to link another type of custom workitem but hope it works as how "related test case" dialog does. I don't think you can do that but I could be wrong, so leave it to other comments.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.