It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] Is there a way to update work items without generating automatic emails for other users?

Peter Hodges (3317) | asked Feb 22 '18, 2:51 p.m.

Recently my team has had an influx of requests to make bulk work item modification in RTC projects. While we're able to make the updates relatively easily, we can't seem to find a way to make the updates "silently" or without generating automatic emails. We are okay with (and still want to keep) the update to the work item's history.

I am aware why the emails occur and that users can customize their own email notification settings. But normally our users want the emails, just not when they would receive 300 from a bulk update.

Is there a way to temporarily turn off emails for a particular project? Or a specific method for loading a bulk update (from either a .csv file in the web client, an update from a query, or any of the Eclipse client methods) that would not generate all the email for that data load?

Thanks,
Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 23 '18, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you read this: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/the-rtc-mail-filtering-problem/ ?
There are some additional links at the end. That is pretty much what I know. I am not aware of a project area level switch to enable/disable notification.

Peter Hodges selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.