It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC SCM: Copy Snapshot to other stream

Masatoshi Nogo (524) | asked Feb 01 '18, 10:03 p.m.

I couldn't find this question in existing threads so let me ask.

Question:
I'm wondering how I can copy snapshot to other stream? I found the way changing owner of snapshot but no copy menu in eclipse client.

Reference Information:
As alternative way I accept baselines of all component in the stream, and re-create snapshot manually in other stream.

Back ground:
==
Now there are three streams in my project,
  - A.dev stream      x number of dev teams  ( for development in each team )
  - B. merge stream x 1  ( to collect all the artifacts developed in each team )
  - C. Test stream    x 1 ( for testers to look at )

At stream B,  librarian collects all change sets, and make a snapshot when build error is zero.
And then librarian wants to copy snapshot from stream B to stream C to allow testers to use.

As you know, snapshot includes some component baselines.
==

Comments
Masatoshi Nogo commented Feb 04 '18, 9:14 p.m.

Thank you for the answer.  I'll do so.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 04 '18, 4:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A snapshot has only one owner, so it can only be owned by one stream.

If you want the same set of baselines to appear in the snapshot folder of more than one stream, then you would have to create a second snapshot that is a copy of the first snapshot.
To create a copy of a snapshot, create a workspace, use the "replace" operation to set the configuration of that workspace to be the original snapshot, create a new snapshot in that workspace, and then change the owner of the new snapshot to be the stream that you want to have a copy of the snapshot in its snapshot folder.

Masatoshi Nogo selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.