It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to automatically create/modify Build Definitions?

Rafael Rezende (431723) | asked Apr 15 '15, 5:41 a.m.
We have a dynamic build flow with several builds running for different variants. We use RTC + Jenkins, that means we have a 1:1 mapping between Build Definitions and Jenkins jobs.
Some departments have hundreds of different builds and we are even studying the possibility of creating the complete build pipeline from a template on demand. For both use cases, the possibility of handling the Build Definitions via CLI, Ant, scripts etc (any automation-friendly way) would be quite handy.
Is there any way to handle BD other than the GUI of the RTC Client?

Note: RTC API seems to be an option, but we are interested to know if there is something ready to work out-of-the-box, less error prone.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 15 '15, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know there is nothing out there readily available. I would suggest to try the API. Here are some API examples: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildJavaProgrammingExamples unfortunately none for Build Definitions, I think.
Rafael Rezende selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.