It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.3: is it possible to limit the execution of js calculated values to specific WI types?

Luca Martinucci (1.0k294112) | asked Jan 30 '18, 4:02 a.m.

Working with RTC 6.0.3, I have written a Javascript calculated value that calculates the Summary (title) of a work item according to the values of some other attributes.
The script works fine, but I would like to make it run only for some specific WI types.
For the other WI types, no calculation should be made, and the Summary should be freely edited by the users.
I have implemented a workaround: when the WI is of a certain type, the script reads the current value of the Summary and returns it, as it was a calculated value.
Anyway, I would better avoid to run this script when no calculation is needed.
Is it possible achieve this goal by modifying the Project Area configuration?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 30 '18, 4:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 30 '18, 5:14 a.m.

This has been answered many times already and has not changed since attribute customization has been introduced.

The customization is for the attribute and not for a work item type hence all work item types that use the attribute have this customization. The options:

1. Use different attributes in different types
2. Check the type in the attribute customization and return the old value with no change for types where you don't want the automation (which you do).

There is no other way to do this, unless the mechanism is changed in the tool.

Luca Martinucci selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Luca Martinucci commented Jan 30 '18, 6:29 a.m.

Thanks for the answer.
I just needed a confirmation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.