It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is my Operation Advisor not showing up when I try to enable it?

Susan Hanson (1.6k2167193) | asked Jan 20 '14, 8:41 a.m.
More Operation Advisor issues (sorry).

I have the first Operation Advisor created and enabled (following this article: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/checksummaryadvisor?lang=en_us)

Then I wanted to do another one, so I followed the same instructions but changed a bit (name, package, logic in the advisor).  I created the Feature, created the Site, directory, etc.

Then I restarted my server, but the operation advisor is not listed in the list of Preconditions when I go into my project area.  However, I have no idea where to start debugging.  I have gone back and double-checked spelling in my directory for my site, in my .ini file for my provisioning_profiles ... everything.

Help?
Susan

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jan 20 '14, 9:02 a.m.

did u restart the server cold? it only loads plugins on cold starts

http://server:port/ccm/cmd/requestRestart
then shutdown and restart server

also look in server/logs/ccm.log for possible reasons the plugin did not load

sam detweiler commented Jan 20 '14, 11:05 a.m.

typo again
http://server:port/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset

you should see this response

The Jazz Server has been flagged to reset and reload from the configured update-site when it is next restarted

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.4k6171200) | answered Jan 20 '14, 10:53 a.m.
this is what I meant by define it as a requirement

on your plugin.xml, the second entry, rich click, add extensionservice
right click on extensionservice, add prerequisite

here is a plugin from Ralphwhich shows it
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="com.ibm.team.process.service.operationParticipants">
      <operationParticipant
            class="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.CreateApprovalParticipant"
            id="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant"
            name="Create Approvel Participant"
            operationId="com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave">
            <extensionService
                componentId="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.component"
                implementationClass="com.ibm.js.team.workitem.createapproval.participant.CreateApprovalParticipant">
                <prerequisites>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.repository.common.service.IContributorService"/>   
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IAuditableCommon"/>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.process.internal.common.service.IProcessService"/>         
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.process.service.IProcessServerService"/>
                    <requiredService interface="com.ibm.team.workitem.service.IWorkItemServer"/>             
                </prerequisites>
          </extensionService>      
      </operationParticipant>
   </extension>

Susan Hanson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 21 '14, 3:12 a.m.

I've been looking for Ralph's Create Approval Participant, can you toss me the link, please??

And your reset command and your other answers all have my Advisor now loading and working.  I now have to get all the right logic.
Susan

sam detweiler commented Jan 21 '14, 6:16 a.m.

here is the link to the approvals participant in Ralph's blog
https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/a-create-approval-work-item-save-participant/

One other answer

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2167193) | answered Jan 20 '14, 9:24 a.m.
Thanks!  I actually went ahead and rebooted and that also cleared it up.  I'll remember to requestRestart next time.

Comments
Susan Hanson commented Jan 20 '14, 9:30 a.m.

well, spoke too soon .. it shows up now but gets an error stating that my OperationAdvisor failed to find the require dservice 'interface com.ibm.team.workitem.common.IWorkItemCommon'. Check <prerequisites> in plugin.xml.

Well, my plugin.xml doesn't HAVE any <prerequisites> tag (maybe that is the problem), but I do have com.ibm.team.workitem.common  listed as a required plugin. 

Is there a place to register this hard dependency/prereq on the class itself?

Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.