It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Looking to migrate database from Synergy 7.2/Change 5.3 validated with RDS to RTC. Are there tools for this?

Daniel Bernard (11) | asked Jan 24 '18, 2:58 p.m.

Hi, we have programs with significantly sized databases in Rational Synergy, paired with Rational Change, and authored using Rational Directory Server.

I've seen a number of articles for varying versions of all of these tools, but it is unclear to me whether or not there exists a tool to do a single-time database migration from Synergy/Change to RTC.
Is this something that exists and is maintained for the current version of RTC?
What articles should I be pointing our team to for reference, should we migrate to RTC?

One answer

permanent link
Chidambaram (at)pesiltech.com (2032348) | answered Apr 17, 11:58 a.m.
I am sailing in the same boat.
Any guidance or research would help.
Was the ClearCase - RTC migration tool helpful, atleast for RTC Import side.

Comments
Daniel Bernard commented Apr 17, 12:01 p.m.

I haven't found anything useful to this point, and there doesn't seem to be a larger community support for the tooling.
We're going to migrate to the Atlassian toolchain instead (Bitbucket/Jira), and likely write some CLI scripts that coordinate between ccm and git porcelain commands to either replicate some of the history, or just migrate in the latest baselines and call it good there. 

Chidambaram (at)pesiltech.com commented Apr 17, 12:13 p.m. | edited Apr 17, 12:15 p.m.
Thanks for the immediate response.
When migrating the history, the time stamp needs to be retained. ccm commands can help to extract the meta data like time stamp.
Will do some research & get back to you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.