It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Defects resolved by Build Notification

John Matthews (2263932) | asked Sep 30 '09, 11:47 a.m.
Re.
Build Notification and how it unblocks test execution:

extract from RQM Help:
"When a fix for a defect is delivered in a build, IBM Rational Quality Manager automatically receives notification from the IBM Rational Team Concert build system and changes the status of test execution records (TERs) that are blocked to indicate that the tests are clear to run."

How can I "see" which defects are resolved by a Build notification in RQM? We have Build Notifications coming into RQM but I cannot "see" any information re. resolved defects..

Regards

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 30 '09, 6:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
John,
What is there right now is a little "backwards". You can go to the Defect and see what Builds the changes were included in.
Displaying that information in the RQM Build UI would certainly be useful, I think. We did not want to overbuild it too much because
a) there is already a robust build UI in RTC
b) we wanted to limit it to the bare necessities that are interesting to testers
...but I think this would be beneficial, especially seeing how this information is used elsewhere in RQM already (to unblock tests).
I would recommend submitting an enhancement to show defects included in the build within the RQM build UI if this is something that you'd find useful.

Regards,
John

Re.

extract from RQM Help:
"When a fix for a defect is delivered in a build, IBM Rational Quality Manager automatically receives notification from the IBM Rational Team Concert build system and changes the status of test execution records (TERs) that are blocked to indicate that the tests are clear to run."

How can I "see" which defects are resolved by a Build notification in RQM? We have Build Notifications coming into RQM but I cannot "see" any information re. resolved defects..

Regards

permanent link
John Matthews (2263932) | answered Oct 06 '09, 6:49 a.m.
Enhancement (21680) logged:
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=21680

John,
What is there right now is a little "backwards". You can go to the Defect and see what Builds the changes were included in.
Displaying that information in the RQM Build UI would certainly be useful, I think. We did not want to overbuild it too much because
a) there is already a robust build UI in RTC
b) we wanted to limit it to the bare necessities that are interesting to testers
...but I think this would be beneficial, especially seeing how this information is used elsewhere in RQM already (to unblock tests).
I would recommend submitting an enhancement to show defects included in the build within the RQM build UI if this is something that you'd find useful.

Regards,
John

Re.

extract from RQM Help:

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.