It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the details about attribute value sand time stamp information using OSLC queries when associate made changes to attribute values through 'Manage project properties' ?

Krishna Veni Manukonda (1325) | asked Jan 16 '18, 11:31 a.m.

Associates will modify attribute valid values in two ways:

Option1. Directly open the artifact and edit the attribute value and save it.

Option2. Manage project properties -> Attribute Data Types -> Select attribute data type -> Edit the label/value.

My question is if associate make the changes to artifact's attribute value using above mentioned option1 then only artifact's  modified date is updating with current date and time. But if we make changes to any attribute value through option 2, I am expecting to see all artifacts which contains the modified attribute value should also get updated with latest modified date but that's not happening in option 2 scenario.

So is there any OSLC query available to get the details about updated attribute values and it's time stamp information for option2.

Thanks for your help!!

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Jan 16 '18, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Editing (1) an attribute value for an artifact, and (2) changing the type of an attribute are two totally different things.

If you are changing an attribute type, you are not touching at all the actual attribute value of artifacts which use this attribute type, hence no update of the last modified timestamp, so your expectation is not valid.

And not sure what you are looking for with the OSLC query. Do you want to query for changed attribute types?

Comments
Krishna Veni Manukonda commented Jan 16 '18, 3:19 p.m.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am looking for the query to get most recent changed attribute types (i.e. what are all updated attribute types and it's values along with time stamp information)

Bas Bekker commented Jan 16 '18, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

AFAIK history of artifact attribute types (or shapes in OSLC terminology) is not query-able.

One option I see if periodically & programmatically going through all shapes of a project area or component, scan and store the definition + timestamp for that run, and compare against the previous run, checking for changes.

Another option would be reading the TRS feed, which I think also provides type changes, but that also means writing your own logic, and needs a special license.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.