It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DCC not copying Custom WorkItem Links in DW.

SYED HUSSAIN (3719) | asked Jan 06 '18, 8:24 a.m.
edited Jan 06 '18, 10:27 a.m.

Using CLM 6.0.3, DCC (Data collection Component) not copying Custom WorkItem Links in DW.

We are in a process of CLM Upgrade and this issue is the showstopper as most of our Reports running on the queries that filter data using custom link types.

Need advice.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 06 '18, 3:13 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you talk about custom link types you created in RTC, as far as I know the custom link types are only available in RTC and unknown to DCC and reporting is not supported for them.

Comments
SYED HUSSAIN commented Jan 07 '18, 12:50 a.m. | edited Jan 07 '18, 12:51 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for your reply.

Yes, our concern is about custom link types.

We have lots of BIRT Reports that uses SQL Queries with RTC custom link type.

With our current CLM version, Data collection/ETL Jobs move data to DW. Is there any way we can keep using these ETL Jobs in CLM 6.0.x and leave DCC as optional?

Your kind reply is always appreciated.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 08 '18, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not totally sure. RRDI is no longer supported. But the interactive upgrade guide says:

"Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence is no longer available as an optional download for CLM. Do you want to migrate your Cognos reports to an IBM Cognos Business Intelligence server?"

So that might be an option. I am not sure, if there are differences in the capabilities.

permanent link
bahaddin alnatour (92) | answered Jan 09 '18, 5:52 p.m.
edited Jan 09 '18, 5:54 p.m.

Hi Syed , I think you can implement a kind of follow up plugin to save these custom links information in custom database to be used later with your old reports we faced the same situation with a client ;)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.