It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

For a RTC Extension - Participant, can we import data from local database to store in description attribute.

Manjunath Badiger (3229) | asked Dec 30 '17, 4:43 a.m.

I had created a Follow up action participant for rational team concert. I wanted to store some value in the description attribute from the data present in the local Oracle database. I had written code which executes the query and fetch the data from the database and then set that value in the description attribute. The value is not being added after saving the workitem. I had added the ojdc jar file in the library as a referenced library and also imported the packages in the main logic. Still I am not able to store the data from the local database and store it in the description attribute. 

Is there any other steps need to followed for getting the data from the local db??

Comments
Lukas Steiger commented Dec 30 '17, 8:34 a.m.

From your question, it is impossible narrow down the possible causes, as your question is formulated very open.

- Are you able to run the participant?
- Are you able to connect to the database?
- Any entries in the CCM log?
- How does your current code look like?

Manjunath Badiger commented Dec 31 '17, 10:55 p.m.

Yes, I am able to run the participant, but without the connection to the local database code in it. I am able to connect to the database, As I had tested the database connection code separately before implementing the code in the participant, there is no issue in that. I haven't checked the CCM log. 

My current code look likes :-

public class AbstractService extends  com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService implements
IOperationParticipant {
public AbstractService() { }
public void run(AdvisableOperation operation,IProcessConfigurationElement participantConfig,IParticipantInfoCollector collector, IProgressMonitor monitor)throws TeamRepositoryException {
And here my local database connection code surrounded by try catch .. followed by the participant logic to set the attribute value. When I run the participant without the database connection it works fine, but with database connection it does not run at all.. . This is is what is happening.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.