It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Artifcatory with RTC - Have some questions

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Jun 11 '15, 11:05 a.m.
edited Jun 11 '15, 11:06 a.m.
This is with reference to my earlier question : https://jazz.net/forum/questions/196370/questions-about-storing-binaries-in-scm-and-as-attachments-in-rtc

We use RTC
  1. SCM
  2. CCM
  3. JBE with Ant based builds
Goal:
We need to store binaries for each build (in fact for each components) in SCM so that
- check-in libarries generated during cont. Integration, Nightly and Integration builds in to components
- share only libraries to people if necessary and not access source code for building locally

Why?
- Each developer receives prebuild libraries after each cont. Integration, Nightly, Integration builds which can be used to do local builds (on dev PC)
- Share components which has only libraries and not source code (ex: due to NDA?)

Inital idea was to use RTC SCM and check in the libraries after build and I see the following advantages
 - It is easy as we get the libraries next to source code
-  Baselined after builds
-  Single source
-  Easy to reproduce the the build from snapshot
-  Easy to manager with libraries across baselines (for same component) as both part of single source

I am looking into JFrog's Artifactory (as recommended) in my earlier post

I understand the we have to implement Push/Pull for libraries

But I cannot find any detailed information about how to link the baseline in RTC with Artifcatory

Also How well Artifactory works in distributed development environment ?

Does anyone has any experiences using Artifactory with RTC?

Thanks

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.