It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TFS to RTC Integration help

Ram Bheem (111) | asked Dec 20 '17, 10:37 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '17, 11:44 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (59.0k23642)

I am trying to Integrate Work Items from TFS to RTC. I am using TFS web version. Can someone please point me to any article or procedure which can help me accomplish this. I came across few articles stating to write an adapter or use Export/Import option. Has anyone tried any of the options having success. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (59.0k23642) | answered Dec 20 '17, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 20 '17, 11:42 a.m.

This kind of integration usually sounds simple but then is not so simple at all (Note that questions here usually lack what I would call "Requirements" which basically tells you the requestor has not thought about what is supposed to be achived.).  For all I can tell, you have these options:

1. Search for an existing solution that synchronizes work items and the data of the other vendor; there are solutions around that you could look into
2. Create a custom solution - Very expensive, unclear requirements and the usual issue is the UI and if it might even be doable

I would suggest to look into 1. Option 2 is likely more expensive then using an existing of the shelve solution.

Comments
Ram Bheem commented Dec 20 '17, 2:16 p.m.

Thanks for your reply. I was actually searching for option 1. Can you please point me to a post which demonstrates the same. Thanks again.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 03 '18, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is a site named Google that you can use - it is amazing.

You can try TaskTop https://www.tasktop.com/integrations/microsoft-team-foundation-server they provide integration between various tools. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.