It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RLIA Tasktop 1.1.3

Samar Singh (141522) | asked Jun 17 '15, 7:36 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '15, 10:27 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi,
    I have a couple of queries wrt Tasktop connectore 1.1.3 and Tasktop Sync 4.0.1 used along with HP  QC and RTC ver 5.0.2.

1. Does RLIA Tasktop is compatible to Eclipse?
2. Can I copy QC attachments to RTC?
3. What is the navigation path from QC defect to RTC WI by clicking on a URL ?
4. What happens to RTC work item after deleting of referenced QC defect?

Thanks - Samar

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 17 '15, 10:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 17 '15, 10:26 a.m.
 You might want to ask tasktop directly: https://www.tasktop.com/ I am not sure if they follow this forum.

1. Tasktop provides several integrations, I think RLIA is a server side integration, so you would see the RTC data in Eclipse and could open them - redirected to a browser or other product in some cases.
  2. The synchronizers Tasktop provides are configurable and support attachment copy in some cases at least - I think you don't want all the data duplicated for various reasons
  3. Usually these are server integrations. If you click at a url, the browser opens that if there is a web server
  4. I think synchronizer can be configured to delete or keep work items.

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Jun 17 '15, 7:24 p.m.
Thanks Ralph!

Hello Samar-

Have a look at this short video demo of RLIA-Tasktop Edition integration between HP ALM (including QC) and IBM RTC. It might answer some of the basic questions:
https://youtu.be/hOAJMUjYvyg

Keep in mind the data is not duplicated in RLIA-TE, but rather synchronized by the rules set by the admin as Ralph said with the configuration support. 

If you would like to have a discussion with one of our SE's, just let me know!
beth.beese@tasktop.com

Thanks and Best
b

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.