It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source control folder not visible in eclipse client

GURVINDER SOKHI (731339) | asked Dec 06 '17, 9:37 a.m.

We have installed the RTC P2 plugin 6.0.2 to Eclipse 4.5.2 and after connecting to the repository and the project I am not able to see the source control folder as well as the Builds folder is also not seen.  Accordingly IBM RTC release note RTC 6.0.2 is compatible with Eclipse 4.5.2.

Developer license for the user and role allocation is valid.
Any ideas why source control and build are missing and what is the fix?

2 answers

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Dec 06 '17, 10:09 a.m.

This means 

1. Either the user has no license to see the source control.
2. The Eclipse client installation via P2 is not correctly.

Normally while installing via P2, it downloads additional stuffs (like EMF etc) from the internet. If you are behind proxy, configure the proxy settings in Eclipse and then try installing via P2 repo again.

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Dec 13 '17, 5:29 a.m.

p2 RTC plugin was downloaded from jazz.net website, why would it not include additional stuff like EMF ?

Karthik Krishnan commented Dec 13 '17, 9:04 a.m.

It's a good question. I don't know may be license type is avoiding distribution? not sure. 

Have you tried enabling proxy and tried to install again?

Karthik Krishnan commented Dec 13 '17, 10:09 a.m.

... if you are behind a proxy.

permanent link
Steven Holtsberg (29665) | answered Dec 06 '17, 6:03 p.m.

What operating system are you running and what version? What are the download links that you used for Eclipse 4.5.2 and RTC 6.0.2 P2? What version of the server are you connecting to?

I just tried a clean Eclipse 4.5.2 install with RTC 6.0.2 P2 added, and I had no problems. I see both Builds and Source Control folders.

Comments
GURVINDER SOKHI commented Dec 13 '17, 5:41 a.m.

OS is Linux redhat v6.6

RTC 6.0.2 p2 plugin was downloaded from Jazz.net website.

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/6.0.2/RTC-Client-p2Repo-6.0.2.zip

Eclipse 4.5.2 was downloaded from eclipse.org website

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.