It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to test a server move?

Georg Kellner (840378109) | asked Dec 04 '17, 9:14 a.m.
retagged Jan 05 '18, 10:14 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

We want to move our JAZZ instance from an old to a new server.

JTS/RTC is installed on both systems and I've copied the /server/conf/jts /server/conf/ccm from the old to the new server.
But after restarting the services, the Login page won't appear, accessing the /jts/setup leads to
"

We're Sorry...

The user ID you logged in with is not recognizable.
If you used the default ADMIN user to log in, you likely disabled it during the setup. Try again using the new admin user you created during the setup."

So at least I've expected a system which can be accessed read-only, but it can't be accessed anyhow.

The logs seems to be fine.

Any hints?

greetings georg.

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Dec 04 '17, 10:11 a.m.

Georg,

You may want to refer to this old discussion: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/128796/clmjts-ccm-migration-from-one-server-to-another

Note that it states "..and then replace all the configuration files with the ones from the source server, including the Tomcat LDAP files..."  (even if you are not using LDAP you would still need to copy the applicable user authentication data from the old server to the new).

Comments
Georg Kellner commented Dec 04 '17, 10:36 a.m.

We are using WAS with LDAP, so there shouldn't be any Tomcat files.

permanent link
Satish Narayanachar (96426) | answered Dec 04 '17, 9:55 a.m.

Hi George,

There are 2 ways in which you can move JTS server from one server to another server.

1. Moving all the application from old to new and changing the DNS entry which should be similar to old server(note:- the old server has to be shutdown after changing the DNS entry)

2. Perform Server rename.

Even after moving the applications to new server, Database will still be pointing to old URL and to change it you have to perform server rename.

To change it you have to perform server rename which will give you a new URL to access JTS.

Check the below link for more information on server rename.

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_prepare_sandbox_server_rename.html

let me know if this helps or need more information.

Regards,

Satish

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Dec 04 '17, 10:01 a.m.

We want to go the first way, changing moving the apps to the new server and changing the DNS alias.
But before changing the DNS alias I want to make sure, the new server works fine, so at least login is working.

But at the moment the new server does obviously nothing.

greetings georg.

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Dec 11 '17, 3:39 p.m.

I did this several times. When I had such a situation it was either an issue in the group mapping in Application settings or in the LDAP settings itself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.