It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to identify change sets that have flowed into a stream?

Ryan Boyce (3512) | asked Dec 01 '17, 6:58 p.m.
retagged Jan 04 '18, 11:58 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

All,

Is it possible to identify somewhere in the web client (RTC) all the change sets that have flowed into a certain stream? I have figured out how to show the change sets that have occured for a component and workspace, but I would like to find a subset of those results for certain streams. 

Version 6.0.1

Thanks!
Ryan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Dec 02 '17, 5:43 p.m.

Ryan,

it sounds like you need operation history for streams: https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rtc/6.0.4/6.0.4/index.html#12
This has become available with RTC 6.0.4 so your environment will have to be updated for you to be able to use this feature.

If this answer was helpful please mark it as accepted.

- Arne

Ryan Boyce selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ryan Boyce commented Dec 04 '17, 1:15 p.m.

Arne, thanks. I am trying to make a tool in Excel that combines this information in a spreadsheet, so until we get version 6.0.4, I'll have to wait.

Ryan

2 other answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 04 '17, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should be able to use the scm command line for this.

Use the "scm list changesets" command.   You specify the stream in the --workspace parameter.

In general, you do automation for RTC source control with the command line, rather than with HTTP and OSLC.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Dec 03 '17, 10:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 03 '17, 10:06 p.m.

In the RTC rich clients (Eclipse/Visual Studio/CLI) you could use "Search->Jazz Source Control->Locate Change sets..." where in you could drag and drop the change sets and select the stream you want to locate it against. Web UI does not have this functionality yet.

Comments
Ryan Boyce commented Dec 04 '17, 1:14 p.m.

Thanks Shashikant. I am looking for a way to report on this using an existing OSLC-like query. I guess it might not be possible in my version, but in version 6.0.4 it is.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 04 '17, 4:12 p.m.

I believe Ryan was looking for 'all change sets in this stream', rather than which streams contain a known set of change sets (which is what Locate_Change_Sets is for).

Shashikant Padur commented Dec 04 '17, 10:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The statement: "I would like to find a subset of those results for certain streams" led me to believe that you were trying to locate a subset of change sets.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 07 '17, 12:37 p.m.

Good point!  So Ryan, what did you mean by "subset of those results"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.