It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reuse DNG modules and artifacts across different projects

Nadra Rafee (45727) | asked Nov 26 '17, 10:52 p.m.

Using DNG 6.0.4, is it possible to reuse modules and artifacts across different projects?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Nov 30 '17, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Donald's answer is correct, as each project has set of artifacts and attributes, so that would can cause all kinds of havoc if those do not match, so between projects we don't support that.

If you have some modules and artifacts that are common for various projects, I would say to separate these in a different (master) project and associate these projects and use links to maintain their relation.
The concept of a placeholder artifact pointing to the original artifact does not exist, and would come down to a kind of implicit linking anyway.

As you are using 6.0.4 you can do that at a more granular level using components and pull them together in a GC.

On a sidenote, a set of articles were just published on configuration management and best practices, maybe these can help too: Guidance on adopting the IBM CLM configuration management across the lifecycle.

Nadra Rafee selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nadra Rafee commented Dec 14 '17, 4:56 p.m.

Thank you for your response.

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 29 '17, 1:26 a.m.

I would say the answer is no. Each project can be configured differently and the projects may not have the same attribute types and artifact types.

Comments
Nadra Rafee commented Nov 29 '17, 10:49 a.m.

Hi Donald .. if the projects have the same meta data, we should be able to do that. This way, users don't have to stack everything in one project area to allow for artifacts reuse.

Matt Muller commented Nov 29 '17, 11:14 a.m.

Hi,  I'm interested in re-use and how artefacts can be shared across projects and even with GC applied.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.