It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Configure and Generate document in RPE using DNG

Rohini Kumar (921057) | asked Nov 20 '17, 12:16 a.m.

Hi Team,

I want to generate and configure document on specific module that contains images also from DNG in RPE,
how Can I do it?
Is anyone has idea on same?
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Amruta 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 20 '17, 4:05 a.m.
edited Nov 20 '17, 4:11 a.m.

Where are the images? Are you referring to graphical artifacts? If so, DNG diagram artifacts can be rendered directly (from DNG 6.0.4 and later). You should use the text schema and print the rich text body (dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div) just like you do for other text artifacts.

Note: There is no separate "diagram" artifact format supported by DNG REST API. We should rather consider diagram artifact as "text" artifact.

If the images are embedded in text artifact or uploaded as wrapper resource, you can refer the OOTB sample template that comes with RPE (%rpe_home%\templates\DNG\DNG_Resources.dta).

Rohini Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Nov 20 '17, 7:45 a.m.

Yes I am using dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div when I generate document using https://server:port/rm/publish/[artifact_format]?moduleURI=module1 

then I got only text ,but module contains images and text both

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 20 '17, 8:52 a.m.

Please refer the sample template. We need to handle all the artifact formats (format == "Text", format=="UseCaseDiagram", format == "WrapperResource", etc.) contained in the module.

Rohini Kumar commented Dec 01 '17, 2:30 a.m. | edited Dec 01 '17, 2:45 a.m.

thank you@Subramanya i am using RPE(version 2.0.0) Actually images are in the imported document ,and image artifact shown file format after importing it,I am confusing on it,please correct me on it

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Dec 01 '17, 3:07 a.m.

You can use an Image element with content set to dataSource/artifact/wrappedResourceImageURI

One other answer

permanent link
Stephen Woo (96210) | answered Nov 20 '17, 3:50 a.m.

Hi Amruta, this may be a helpful thread for you to read. https://jazz.net/forum/questions/231407/get-diagram-picture-in-dng-into-rpe-report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.