It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Display DNG's Primary Text field in a RPE report

Richard Piekos (112) | asked Apr 27 '18, 2:30 p.m.
edited Apr 30 '18, 7:56 a.m.

I am trying to write a simple report to display the artifact number, title, and primary text. Number and title appear but primary text will not. i am using a view in a project as my data source.  What is the DTA configuration to display primary Text?

Thanks
Update: 30-April:
Thanks for the response to my question, unfortunately the example given was not helpful. I'm not trying to deal with linked artifacts, just trying to print a simple view that has 3 fields; artifact number, title, primary text. I do not use modules, just views in DNG. I would like to upload a an image of my DTA file but I don't have enough "points". Thanks IBM for a product with no documentation and no support.

2 answers

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Apr 27 '18, 9:53 p.m.

permanent link
David Sedar (2838) | answered Apr 28 '18, 9:44 a.m.

I am having essentially having the same problem using Jazz Reporting Server with DNG 6.0.5.

The report contains a lot of fields I don't want ('Project', 'Collection or Module ID', 'Type'), with no obvious method to remove them,
nor does it allow me to include attributes of my Artefacts that I do want - because they are not listed in the 'Add Attribute' dropdown.
Perhaps someone has a solution to both?

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Apr 30 '18, 12:40 a.m.

Hi David,

I do not think your JRS problem is essentially the same as the original RPE problem. The way to create a report is very different, even though they are using the same DNG REST API.

You should remove 'Project', 'Collection or Module ID', 'Type' by clicking X button.  For the second question, it is related to Meta Model in Report Builder. There are some similar questions in jazz.net/forum, please search them. If problem persists, raise a new topic, as this is not relevant to original question.

David Sedar commented Apr 30 '18, 6:57 a.m.

Kenji,

Many thanks - I have found the X button in Report Builder to remove columns,
just need to understand Meta Model 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.