It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Plugin Extension - Java

Ketan Prajapati (133) | asked Nov 13 '17, 5:41 a.m.

Hi, I am new guy to RTC and working on RTC Plugin extension using java. This plugin creates workitems automatically based on status of existing work item. This plugin has 2 main functionalities; Add and Update workitems. I am able to add new workitem successfully but now I would like add 'Edit' functionality as well.

I am using Enumeration list as type of work item. so for an example if only 2 checkbox checked while creating new WI(New status to in Progress), it will create new 2 WI (this working fine) but now in 'In Progress' status if user would like to check/select one more checkbox, it should create only newly checked box item. As per the current code, it creates duplicate 2 workitems so I want to avoid duplicate creation of Workitem, can somebody please help me how I can do it. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 13 '17, 6:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to write code to determine which work items are already created for the values and then find out if and which work item has to be created, if at all.

Some code hints can be found here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/rtc-update-parent-duration-estimation-and-effort-participant/

Ketan Prajapati selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.