It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to display RQM 6.0.2 date/time custom attribute with Report Builder

Pascal Jean (6012640) | asked Nov 10 '17, 10:05 a.m.

Hello,

This is a question for RQM 6.0.2 and Report Builder

I  update the Test Case form by adding a Custom Attribute
(Using "Manage Project Properties", "Custom Attributes", "Test Case Attributes")
I used the Type Date/Time and it is not a required attribute.

I build a "Report Builder" report to display these values. These values are always returned as empty.
The dcc jobs look ok. When adding a new TC, it is listed after the dcc jobs run but the Date/Time attribute is not displayed.
Other "Custom Attributes" defined as text are correctly displayed.

Does someone already encounterd this issue.

Thank you in advance
Pascal Jean

Comments
Kenji Sarai commented Nov 12 '17, 8:56 p.m. | edited Nov 12 '17, 9:22 p.m.

Hi Pascal,
It sounds strange to me (only date/time attribute, but not text attribute).
You can check if the missing data is loaded into data warehouse by analysing SQL query in Advanced tab, and run simplified one. For example

select * from RICALM.VW_TESTCASE_TIMESTAMP_EXT

Is this empty? (you can find one dummy record with name "Info not available" though)

If it is empty, elaborate the dcc log files such as dcc_etl_RQM_ODS_RQMResourceGroupX.log

In this log file, you will see testcases including custom attributes are loaded by following Reportable REST API.
https://[server]:[port]/qm/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/testcase?etlmode=true&aliases=true&includeArchived=true&fields=feed%2Fentry%2F(content%2Ftestcase%2F(state%2F%40resource|projectArea%2F%40href|owner%2F%40resource|priority%2F%40resource|workitem%2F(%40href|%40rel)|customAttributes%2FcustomAttribute%2F(value|name|identifier|%40type)

Pascal Jean commented Nov 13 '17, 3:37 a.m.

Thank you Kenji,

Finally it works. It didn't work because I renamed the custom attribute. I thought it was not affecting the display of the data. I rebuild the column in the report with  the new name and now the data is correctly displayed.
Thank you also to guide me to the RICALM about the RICALM attribute

Pascal Jean

Kenji Sarai commented Nov 13 '17, 7:16 a.m.

Good to know it has been fixed. Looks like you find that old custom attribute name is hard-coded in the SQL query in Advanced tab.

One answer

permanent link
Pascal Jean (6012640) | answered Nov 13 '17, 3:38 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.