It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I would like to visualize DOORS (9.6) links in RELM. I have seen them in the impact analysis diagram but I could not show DOORS links in a view. Is that possible?

Carina Silva (132) | asked Nov 09 '17, 10:37 a.m.

DOORS 9.6 integrated with Engineering Lifecycle Manager 6.0.4.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rishikesh Agam (513) | answered Nov 15 '17, 12:31 a.m.

Hi Carina,
DOORS artifacts and Links, if indexed in LQE would be visible in the Impact Analysis diagram. The same can be seen using the Requirement artifact and Custom artifact element in the RELM View.
The OSLC standard Links which are used in DNG and DOORS will be visible in the Requirement Artifacts.

For more clarity on your requirement, could you please help me with the answers of the following questions:
1) May I know about which specific Links from DOORS you are talking about?
2) Have you tried using the Requirement Artifacts and Custom Artifact Elements? If yes, were you able to see the DOORS artifacts in the container?

Thanks!

Carina Silva selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carina Silva commented Nov 15 '17, 5:57 p.m.
Thank you for answering, Rishikesh.

1) I would like to visualize in RELM views Links previously created between a pair of DOORS artifacts. In the Impact Analysis diagram they are labeled as "references".

2) Yes, I have tried and I am able to see DOORS artifacts in the container. But I cannot see the links when I connect 2 containers or when I try the option  (right-click on the container) + "Show Links To".

I appreciate your attention.

Rishikesh Agam commented Nov 16 '17, 5:12 a.m.

Hi Carina, Thanks for the update!
What I understood is: You need to create use DOORS specific Links between the containers.

Currently only the OSLC standard Link types(and not the DOORS specific Links) are supported in the Requirement Artifact and Custom Artifact Element in the RELM Views.

RELM is going to publish an Article on jazz.net for the DOORS artifact support. The article will also have some sample DOORS Custom Artifact Elements which supports the DOORS specific Link types.

It will be published with the RELM 6.0.6 GA release. I suggest you to please wait until then. I will provide the article link in this thread after it's release.

Thanks for your patience!

Carina Silva commented Nov 16 '17, 1:10 p.m.

Rishikesh, 
the next version to be released will be RELM 6.0.5, right?  
Do you have any idea about when the version RELM 6.0.6 GA will probably be available? This information may help me in my schedule.
You were very helpful. Thank you a lot.

Rishikesh Agam commented Nov 17 '17, 12:32 a.m.

Hi Carina,
First of all, Sorry for the confusion. The article for DOORS support will be published in RELM 6.0.5 GA release (and NOT in RELM 6.0.6).

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.