It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - DOORS : No Test Result in DOORS

Jörg Werner (3033781) | asked Oct 31 '14, 6:45 a.m.
Hello,

I've set up a very simple scenario:

1. DOORS: new Module with 2 Objects. One is part of view/container "test"
  2. RQM: new Test Plan with requirement collection link to above view "test"
  3. During reconciliation a test case was created automatically.
  4. Test case was reviewed and approved.
  5. Test case was run off line and test execution record verdict is passed.
When I run the DOORS RQM Traceability report I can see the approve status but the test result itself (attribute verdict and passed) is empty.

When and how are the attributes Verdict, Passed, ... updated?

thanks, Jörg

Doors RQM Test result

One answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Oct 31 '14, 12:52 p.m.
This is understood in the context of a Test Plan (to support test case re-use).
So you make sure the TestCase was run in the context of a testplan and that TCER is related to a test plan and in the TCER you have to make sure it has the Test Plan name. 
And that that test plan is the one associated with your DOORS View.  Which all seems to be correct per your sceenshots but you could double check the test plan name in the TCER itself.  DOORS will query for the TCERs of the TC associated with the Requirement which also has the Test Plan associated with the DOORS View.  

One other thing - DOORS will only look for those objects which are considered Requirements as opposed to Headings.  i.e. They have Object Text.  Not just Object Heading.  

I just tested and if worked fine for me.  But if this doesn't help, I would suggest a PMR may be your quickest way forward.  

Maeve

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Nov 01 '14, 11:26 a.m.

seems the test scenario fulfils all your prerequisites.
Text was already in Object Text. But Object was not a leaf. Now it is a leaf but this does not help.

May be there are some other prerequisites? Test environment mandatory? Test Script mandatory? ... ?

Do you know any documentation about the DOORS-RQM interface, especially the RQM Menu in DOORS?

Thanks a lot, Jörg

Maeve OReilly commented Nov 03 '14, 7:15 a.m.

And the TCER does have the Test Plan set to the same Test Plan?  Compare with mine - that is the TCER and I see the 'passed' in DOORS.  I get to it via Test Plan - Test Case Execution Records (so I know it's associated in the TP).  And see it has the TP set in the TCER also.  And has a result and my TC which is the TC associated with my Requirement in DOORS. 

Failing all that, my next step would be to trace it in Fiddler if you can.  https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/IntegrationsTroubleshootingDebugCLMIntegrationWithDOORS#B_Issue_is_seen_in_DOORS_9
Or a PMR could be quickest here as it's nothing obvious (to me at least!). 
Maeve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.