It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use hidden properties in build definition?

Alejandro Correa (32) | asked Nov 02 '17, 9:29 p.m.

Is there any documentation on how to use hidden build properties? The only mention I found says:
You can define a hidden property, whose value is masked in the user interface
But doesn't explain how to do it.  I found that putting "HIDDEN" as the property description will indeed hide it from being shown in the UI, but when I try to access that same property in my Ant script it seems to be scrambled.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Nov 03 '17, 1:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the Build Definition editor, when you create a build property, you can check the hidden option. To access it in the Ant script, you need to pass these build properties as system properties. In the Ant tab of the build definition, add the hidden property to the JVM arguments like -D<ant property>=${hiddenProperty}. When Ant is invoked by JBE, it will assign the actual value to the ant property.

Alejandro Correa selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alejandro Correa commented Nov 03 '17, 12:56 p.m.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.  Do you know which release this functionality is available in?  I'm using 6.0.3 and don´t see the option to mark a property as hidden.

Alejandro Correa commented Nov 03 '17, 2:13 p.m.

Since there is no checkbox to mark it as hidden in the 6.0.3 client I am using, I put HIDDEN in the description and passed it as a JVM argument as you suggested, but the value is still scrambled when used in the Ant script.

Lakshmi Narasimhan T V commented Nov 06 '17, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hidden property is available in 6.0.4. Putting the HIDDEN text in the description is used with Build Forge integration, not JBE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.