It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate source code with history between v6.0.2 servers

Lewis White (2356) | asked Oct 19 '17, 8:10 a.m.

I have a requirement to migrate projects with several years of source code history from one RTC v6.0.2 server to another; there is no need to migrate work items or work item history.

I'm aware of possible options including enabling cross domain communication and establishing friend relationships, but I'm not certain either of those options would help in this situation.  Last, I've considered saving significant baselines from each project off to a file system and manual re-building that history on the target server environment, but that doesn't sound like a great option either given the requirement is to migrate all file history.

Any other thoughts or best practices anyone can offer?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 19 '17, 5:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You will want to use cross-server delivery.   See: https://jazz.net/library/article/535

If you don't care about work item information, you can ignore the parts of that article related to work items.
Note that if you want to carry across all your baselines or any of your snapshots, you will have to do some scripting.
Also, if you have a large number of streams, you probably also will want to do some scripting (so you don't have to use the GUI to deliver each stream).

Lewis White selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lewis White commented Oct 24 '17, 12:57 p.m.

Thank you Geoffrey!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.