It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with "server" license type for Rational Insight.

Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate (3429) | asked Oct 13 '17, 5:35 p.m.

Hello,

Im getting this error on the license on the ServerDiag for the LMTOOLS:

License file: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\rational_server_perm.dat

"insight_server" v1.00000, vendor: ibmratl
  License server: lexbz2147
  floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,   expires: 15-jan-2018
  USER_BASED: Requires all licenses be RESERVEd to USERs
  Requests from the same USER/HOST do not consume a new license

This license cannot be checked out because:
USER_BASED license has no specified users -- see license server system log.
Feature:       insight_server
License path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\rational_server_perm.dat;C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\rational_server_temp.dat;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-84,147
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Also i get this one on the ServerStatus on the same LMTOOLS application:
   ibmratl: UP v11.10
Feature usage info:

Users of insight_server:  (Error: 1 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

Users of insight_user:  (Total of 150 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Does anyone know how to fix it?

I think it might have something to do with the file ibmratl.opt but i dont know how to properly configure it. Any guide or pointer on this is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Oct 13 '17, 10:12 p.m.

Hi Jose,

Yes, you are right. It appears you have an user base (node locked) license for insight_server. So you need to specify the username (servername) as below.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSRL5J_1.1.0/com.ibm.rational.raer.install.doc/topics/t_configure_ri_licensekey.html

However, as long as I know, insight_server license is no longer used for latest Insight version. So most of the cases it is not required to configure. Only insight_user is used when logging into Cognos Connection. Do you see the same error for insight_user? What is the real impact of this error?

Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jose Omar Oseguera Chijate commented Oct 26 '17, 1:11 p.m.

Yes, thank you.

I have checked too that such insight license is no longer used for higher versions of insight. I remember reading this only affects versions lower than 1.1.1 and i was currently working on a version 1.1.1.6.

Thank you for your reply.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.