It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder shows custom projects as unknown projects

Benjamin Röhl (1671324) | asked Oct 12 '17, 5:34 a.m.

Hello,

I want to write queries in Jazz' Report Builder.
Thus I have added our own TRS providers (/trs/process and /trs providers) to the LQE as new data source.
I also setup the permissions for my projects in LQE. So I am able to see projects in Report Builder.

But, when defining a new query, my projects are listed with Unknown Project appended as suffix.
The ReportBuilder shows a warning, complaining these projects do not belong to anything.
And of course, I'm not able to query any artifacts of mine.

I think, that my projects are labeled as unknown projects, is the main reason here, that queries not working properly.

Is there something missing in my returned project resources or am I not responding to a specific request here?

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks in advance,
  Benjamin

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Oct 12 '17, 9:32 a.m.

Hi Benjamin,
We also have our own TRS providers, and found that to get the project to show up as 'CCM Project' you need to include this in your Project RDF

<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://jazz.net/ns/process#ProjectArea" />
I don't know how to define custom types, or if it's possible, so we have used that triple and now our projects show up as 'CCM Project' instead of 'Unknown Project'.  Hope this helps!

Benjamin Röhl selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Benjamin Röhl commented Oct 12 '17, 9:58 a.m.

Thanks for quick answer.

But I already use this triple in my project-area resource representation.
To ensure compatibility I used one of Jazz' application project-area resource presentation (of DNG for example) as a template and only changed specific values in it, thus URIs are pointing to our services and so on.

So, there seems some other missing thing.

Jackie Albert commented Oct 12 '17, 10:25 a.m.

OK, it's been a while since I did this so I was trying to remember what else we had to specifically add....   do you have a Resource Shape defined?

<oslc:instanceShape rdf:resource="http://jazz.net/ns/process/shapes/ProjectArea"/>

Benjamin Röhl commented Oct 16 '17, 9:40 a.m.

Hello Jackie,

yes we also set this up to our project area rdf resource, but with no luck.
Today, we figured out that it is working with Jazz 6.0.2. But not with any more recent version.

So can I ask which version you are working with?

Thanks in advance.

Fariz Saracevic commented Oct 18 '17, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Benjamin,

If it worked with 6.0.2 but not working with more recent version, I suggest you to open ticket with support to understand what is going on.
Thank you.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.