It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remove login prompt

Kevin Murphy (9621317) | asked Oct 11 '17, 4:48 p.m.

My users want to be able to display a Jazz Dashboard on a big screen in their department. They do this now but after a while they have to log back into Jazz. They want this to be permanent...either login once and never logout, or login via SSO.

Is this a job for the Jazz Authorization Server? Kerberos? Could it break REST scripts that use login credentials? Eclipse clients?

I'm wondering what the best path forward is.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Oct 17 '17, 3:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is up to your organization's policy on login duration. Jazz applications do not do authentication; the underlying infrastructure does (e.g. the application server, like WebSphere, in conjunction with an LDAP user registry). Depending on your infrastructure, there are probably timeout properties you can control to determine how long a login session lasts (e.g. the LTPA token timeout in WebSphere).

Comments
Kevin Murphy commented Oct 17 '17, 4:01 p.m.

Hey John, I really appreciate your answer.

The issue with LTPA is that for my use case, it would effect everybody, whereas I just want one user to be able to get a license and not have to login again.

I was thinking that Jazz Authorization Server with Kerboros would help...as in, the authentication would occur before I ever got to Jazz, so no login would appear. I'm researching and getting mixed information.

Perhaps the simplest answer to this would be to script the browser so it logs in after the LTPA period is up. I wouldn't know where to begin with that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.