It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross Server Communication RTC and ClearQuest or RQM

Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | asked Sep 24 '09, 1:13 p.m.
Am I fighting a losing battle here ... is it possible to configure a cross server "friendship" between RTC, ClearQuest and/or RQM, when they all reside on the same server ?

6 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Oct 02 '09, 6:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Karen,
reading http://jazz.net/library/techtip/304
I guess that servers should be on different machines.
You may want to use VMWare to emulate different host.

Eric.

nerack a crit :
Am I fighting a losing battle here ... is it possible to configure a
cross server "friendship" between RTC, ClearQuest and/or
RQM, when they all reside on the same server ?

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Oct 06 '09, 10:50 a.m.
Karen,
reading http://jazz.net/library/techtip/304
I guess that servers should be on different machines.
You may want to use VMWare to emulate different host.

Eric.

nerack a crit :
Am I fighting a losing battle here ... is it possible to configure a
cross server "friendship" between RTC, ClearQuest and/or
RQM, when they all reside on the same server ?

Actually I did get it running successfully .. all in the hosts file !

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Oct 12 '09, 9:54 a.m.
Am I fighting a losing battle here ... is it possible to configure a cross server "friendship" between RTC, ClearQuest and/or RQM, when they all reside on the same server ?

Karen,

How are you using this setup?

It looks like if I want to use RTC/CQ and RQM/CQ, I can't use RTC/RQM...

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2135139) | answered Oct 14 '09, 8:32 a.m.

Karen,

How are you using this setup?

It looks like if I want to use RTC/CQ and RQM/CQ, I can't use RTC/RQM...

We actuallyb achieved the "impossible" I think ... we have cross server connections configured for rqm to rtc and vice versa, we also have the cq bridge enabled for rqm to cq .. so when I create a defect in rqm right now, it prompts for creation in either rtc or cq ... we also have the cq connector enabled for both rqm and rtc allowing us to also create defects directly in rtc and pass them back to CQ for management in either system.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Oct 14 '09, 12:17 p.m.

We actuallyb achieved the "impossible" I think ... we have cross server connections configured for rqm to rtc and vice versa, we also have the cq bridge enabled for rqm to cq .. so when I create a defect in rqm right now, it prompts for creation in either rtc or cq ... we also have the cq connector enabled for both rqm and rtc allowing us to also create defects directly in rtc and pass them back to CQ for management in either system.

I don't see how you did it...

I have CQ integrated to the RQM project. When I submit a defect, it asks if I want to use my cq DB or my RTC project. = OK. I chose my ClearQuest database. I just went to the Test Case and added the Plan Items tab. I clicked to add a Plan Item and it launched the ClearQuest database! not RTC...

This isn't resolved for us unfortunately...

It would be nice if there was documentation on what all that "Implemented", "Tests" etc... was for...

permanent link
Prathibha G R (16) | answered Jul 05 '11, 9:48 a.m.
HI
I am trying to establish a RTC to CQ cross server communication.
I have specfied the following URLs at the cross server comuniction URL.
From RTC i have specified
http://svelagan/cqweb/oslc/repo/GidEX/discovery

From cq the server URL is
http://svelagan/cqweb/oslc/repo/GidEX/discovery

GidEX is the schema repository
Iam able to that the projetc is lonked to the cq. In teh jazz admin URL i can see that project is releated to teh dbset (GidEX/GidEN).

Iam not sur eif the URL that i mentioned on teh cq cross server comunication is correct or not.

When i create a workitem and try to associate it with CQ defect, i et this error message.

" The URL "hhtp://svelagan:80/cqweb/oslc/repo/GidEX/db/GidEN" has no OAUTh authorization informaton associated with it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.