It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trigger a build when some changes are delivered to a stream

Mikhail Kulinich (11) | asked Oct 04 '17, 11:38 p.m.

I have RTC 6.0 server installed. When some changes are delivered to the stream I want to trigger a build / run unit tests / ... Is it possible? How?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 05 '17, 4:18 a.m.

Comments
Mikhail Kulinich commented Oct 05 '17, 8:30 a.m.

Yes. I checked those answer. I was wondering if something changed in the RTC after those posts, and now it is possible to implement the same with out-of-the box functionality.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 05 '17, 8:37 a.m. | edited Oct 05 '17, 8:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

No changes as far as I can tell and there is no built in functionality.

The the JBE polls and Jenkins etc do as well. You could request a build  in a follow up action on deliver. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/build-on-state-change-work-item-save-participant/ and related documentation.

I personally find it questionable to build every delivered change. This will likely put your system under heavy load or developers wait for the stuff they really want built. 

I would prefer a green stream that has post build delivered changes if the build succeeds. Of course an automation like you have in mind could support that as well, if the build id fast enough (and the build cycle fast enough).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.