It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LQE, GC and RELM Services - What are they and what do they provide?

Michael Johnson (44618) | asked Jun 04 '17, 10:56 a.m.

When I first starting using RTC (v.3.x), we only had JTS, RM, QM and CCM.  

Now there are additional services that are available to install (and thus require their own database on the backend).
Can someone explain what these services are and what they provide?  We aren't really using RM (DNG).  All requirements are in DOORS.  There are probably other services out there.  

We are running 6.0.1 and getting ready to upgrade to 6.0.3.
If needed, can these services just be installed now and everything would work fine?

Thanks,
Michael

Accepted answer

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Jun 07 '17, 3:24 a.m.

Hi Michael,

LQE - Lifecycle Query Engine
Provides a full text index for all registered applications (RTC, RQM, ...) to create reports and metrics using the data from all applications.

GC - Global Configuration
Provides Configuration Management for all applications

RELM - Rational Engineering LifeCycle Management
Visualizes the Relations between the artifacts from System Level down to component Level.

You can setup the applications and start now or later.

Regarding LQE you need to install the JRS to create and run reports.

greetings georg.

Michael Johnson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Michael Johnson commented Jun 07 '17, 7:20 p.m.

Hey Georg,

Thanks for the answer.  I am currently having problems after an upgrade from 5.0.2 to 6.0.3.  I found that some of my DCC jobs are failing because the tables/views do not exist.  Could it be due to the fact that I am not using LQE?  All the reports ran just fine prior to the upgrade.

Thanks for your time

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.